2 chicken breasts, sliced in strips
1/2 c oil
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Red & Green pepper, chopped
Shredded cheese of choice (I used Taco Mixed Cheese.)
1. Marinate chicken in oil, lime juice, pepper, salt, garlic and chili powder, and cumin for 1-5 hours. (I marinated the chicken while I prepared the rest of the meal and it was still very flavorful. I use this marinade for fajitas mostly.)
2. Slice onion and peppers very thinly. In skillet, sauté the chicken (with the marinade), onion, and peppers.
3. While the fajita mixture is being sautéed, combine a can of refried beans and a handful of cheese (however much you want). Spread about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 dish, enough for a thin covering across the bottom of the pan.
4. When the fajita mixture is ready, add to the refried beans and combine thoroughly.
5. Fill 8 tortillas with your choice of filling and roll them up and place them in the pan, seam side down.
6. Once the enchiladas are in place, pour the rest of the sauce over them, making sure there are no dry spots. Sprinkle the cheese of your choice on top.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
It’s delicious! Good luck and happy cooking!