To be honest, I’ve never been to P.F. Chang’s so I wouldn’t be able to really compare it. However, on a scale of 1 to 10 in ‘deliciousness’, I’d rate this a 9. (It’s a bit spicy so that is why I haven’t rated it a 10- but it’s certainly delicious!) I got this from the IowaGirlEats blog via Pinterest. I LOVE Pinterest! They are healthy and quite tasty. These are everything a girl wants, “all a girl needs”; now I have Christina Aguilera in my head. Do you?
- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- salt & pepper, a dash of each
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch nob fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter (I used regular ole Jif)
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar. Good enough.)
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (I’d do less in the future.)
- dash of fresh pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped (I didn’t have these available so I used broccoli for color.)
- 1/2-8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
1. Heat a large, non-stick skillet on high. Add chicken, onion, salt & pepper, and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat. Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
2.Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine.
3.Add green onion and water chestnuts into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
4.Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve with cold lettuce leaves